Monday, November 12, 2007

The Mobile Laments



The machine, creaked and began - quite unusual sound for the company of such status. The assembly line moved towards what seemed like yielding azure. My fellow mates ahead saw it coming and screamed. DHAM, the inevitable happened and they had their body. My turn came-DHAM… “AAHH” I thought. And I had my body too, an acceptable quirky white and red, christened ‘NOKIA 5200’. This step was a necessary evil for me, after all I can’t go naked in my user-or rather exploiters hand. Without any human intervention (thank goodness), I landed in small and then in a big box, which said ‘Made in China’. I had my first airplane ride. And I was in a colourful country India. Soon I was in a ‘NOKIA PRIORITY’ shop. Nothing much happened there, as just the next day I arrived; a guy came an bought me, the retailer opened me up. They all talked something about ‘Sim card’ and unclothed my back to put in a little piece of- well something which connected me to a tower a mile away, which started intoxicating me painfully with its radiation, and made me flash three stupid sticks on my screen with a name that read – ‘HUTCH’. Then they penetrate one more thing named ‘512MB memory card’ into me. “Great” the guy said and paid the retailer and zoomed off with me in his vessel.

On reaching his home err… my home; I realized that my user’s (exploiter’s?) name is Nijeesh. He did look a bit foolish, and proved himself the same later. He Smsed some 50 contacts as: “hey m gt a nw fone, nokia 5200, real kewl 1 it”. He spoiled my English. He loaded me with 60s of his ‘Favourite’ songs and blasted me day long. Time and now people would come and admire me in his hand. And I also learned from them that this moron had before lost 2 of his fones…oho PHONES, and I shivered being his third!

People would call him, give him miscalls 24 seven, and he would reciprocate them or just initiate his own string of ‘communication’. if I am not sucking his ears I would be lying connected with his laptop, absorbing his ‘favourites’. So many loads and this imprudent personality would put me to die without charging me……phew. But that’s a life of mobile phone like me, there thousands of many brothers and sisters (yeah we too have genders) all over the world (most of them Chinese). We transited from luxury to necessity. Our status became like a toothbrush! –“each one keep one”. We trudged all along with bad network coverage, low battery, gravity!!, and some fool even throw us in water. But yes the Homo sapiens say “I just can’t do without my phone”.

My user too gives a lot of trouble but at the day’s end, before he dozes; he gives me a sweet kiss, that kiss makes me stay charged up and raring to go with my user err sorry….. with my Nijeesh.

No comments:

Pointless reflections

It sometimes occurs to me, that some of us are engaged in practicing certain set of ‘things’. These things, which if continuously practic...